6 Major Benefits of Using Public Relations
With companies still recovering from the global economic recession , public relations is slowly becoming one of the marketing tool’s of choice by many marketers. That being said, many professionals are still unaware of its true meaning and how they can use PR to enhance their brand, with a high ROI. To put things into perspective, a public relations manager who is skilled at what they do should be able to get your brand an ROI of between 15 – 20:1. Yes, pretty impressive figures indeed.
Before we delve any further into the actual benefits, let us get back to basics and clearly define what public relations really means.
“Public relations is the practice of managing the flow of communication between an individual or an organisation and the public. This may include an organisation or individual gaining exposure to their target audiences using topics of public interest and news items that do not require direct payment like advertising does.”
Now, let’s talk about the benefits of incorporating public relations into your marketing strategy…
The 6 major benefits of using public relations include:
1. Economical way to reach your target audience in masses.
2. Stimulates awareness of, and the demand for your company’s products or services.
3. Strengthens your company image and perception.
4. Paints the picture of a company that is active and innovative.
5. Creates more credibility that traditional advertising.
6. Increases search engine visibility and organic results.
For best results, use public relations as part of an integrated marketing strategy rather than on it’s own. As public relations is a niche and specialised aspect of marketing, we do recommend using a skilled professional with writing skills and most importantly, sound relationships with key media professionals.