Colourworks is looking for a young and vibrant Production Assistant & Driver, someone with a great can-do attitude and a shared goal of achieving the best possible end result for our clients.
Our Production Manager needs a side-kick. Like Batman has Robin, and Peanut butter has Jam. This person needs to be the perfect fit.
We’re expecting to employ someone who thrives under pressure within the Production department. We do a lot of in-house digital printing, but also out-source litho, screenprinting, vinyl cut signage, clothing, promotional gifts etc… the list goes on.
You will need to have great communication skills, both verbal and written – understand the importance of deadlines, managing timelines – and negotiating the best price & quality for our clients. Following set out processes is key to this department.
In this role, every day will be different. We go the extra mile for our clients – and expect each team member in every department to share this vision. You will need to be HANDS-ON – have a keen eye for detail, deliver in-house and on the road and be quite methodical in your thinking. You will need to immerse yourself in the job & are expected to have a driver’s licence as deliveries will be part of your job role. You are required to forward think or forward thinkers are required.
Daily tasks will include:
- Taking briefs from Production Manager
- Collection and Deliveries of samples and final projects to clients
- Adhoc office tasks and projects (collecting mail, samples, staff from airport)
- Courier and logistics
- Storeroom management and systems
- Requesting quotes from our suppliers
- Negotiating best prices with suppliers on production stock and items.
- Assisting with in-house print jobs (printing, cutting, scoring, packing etc)
- Being VERY hands-on and planning your day throughout